Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Intern will be establishing news sources in the UCU community for effective journalism practice.
- Conduct interviews and coverage of events in the UCU community and its neighborhood.
- Writing stories, articles and developing areas of news coverage.
- In charge of designing newspaper pages for The Standard.
- Perform any other official duties assigned by The Standard Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UCU Staff Writer
Intern job opportunity must be a recent degree in Mass Communication, preferably Print major (Must have graduated not earlier than 2013).
- Must be competent in the use of In Design and
have the ability to design pages for the newspaper.
- Possess good writing skills, a desire to look
for stories and deliver them in a timely manner.
- Strong photojournalism skills.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision for long hours, weekends inclusive.
- A committed Christian who is honest and trustworthy.
How to Apply
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application
letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three (Academic, Leadership, Pastoral) references. Please remember to attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts to:
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
P.O. Box 4, Mukono, Uganda
Email: email@example.com (Applications sent online should be in one PDF document)
Deadline: 9th June 2017 by 5:00 pm
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer