Based on your position, you may carry out the following tasks:
· Analyze and understand the positioning of the product, service or process
· Work in collaboration with the team to design and develop specific products, tools, services or processes
· Set up tests and validation phases
· Correct and improve existing products, services or processes
· Support the production start-up
· Help the team gather business intelligence (technology and competitive intelligence) to identify new trends and help conduct strategic planning
· Participate in benchmarking and test competitive products to gain relevant information that can be applied to product specifications
· Manage small R&D projects and report outcomes to R&D manager
· Where and when necessary, help the team gather any legal documents, including laws, regulations and patents, that are necessary for determining the project’s feasibility.
· Participate in implementing, and complying with, health, safety and environmental regulations on a daily basis
· Apply research theories, principles, and models when conducting experiments and research activities.
Qualifications, skills & Experience
· Requires a graduate diploma/degree in Mechanical Engineering or in a related area
· Work well in the field under different conditions as well as in the office
· Must have knowledge of MS Excel and Word
· Entrepreneurial spirit, with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves mentality
· Be able to perform a variety of complicated tasks.
· A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
· Fluency in English and Luganda
How to apply: Send cvs to email address- firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 4th Feb 2017
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer